With sluggish economies around the world not many people have hundreds of dollars to deposit at online poker rooms. Recreational players who want to catch a $20 tournament on the weekend should not have to deposit $100 or more to do so. There are several poker sites with low deposit requirements. These US poker rooms recognize the fact that small time players are a vital part of the community. They do not alienate small stakes or recreational players by implementing excessive minimum deposit requirements. There are some good reasons for minimum deposit limits but savvy poker rooms know better than to make them too large just to save money. People who are new to online poker also prefer making small initial deposits so they can check things out. Low deposit requirements are not always practical though. Certain deposit methods come with hefty fees and the poker room generally covers the bulk of these fees. They wouldn’t stay in business long if they have to pay $10 to process a $20 deposit. In this article I will look at the poker sites with the lowest deposit requirements and explain which deposit methods are the best for small deposits.
Poker Sites With The Lowest Minimum Deposit Requirements
The USA poker sites listed below have the lowest minimum deposit requirements. The minimum deposit requirement can vary from option to option. Generally Visa card deposits have the lowest minimum.
- Bovada – The minimum Bitcoin deposit is $10. Visa or American Express deposit at Bovada is $20. If you use Western Union the minimum is $100.
- Ignition Poker – the most reputable US-friendly poker room. Its minimum deposit is $20 and the payment methods include Visa/Mastercard, Rapid Transfer and Bitcoin. Deposits/Withdrawals are the fastest in the industry.
- Americas Cardroom Poker – The minimum deposit at Americas Cardroom Poker is $20 for Visa card deposits. This covers pre-paid card deposits as well. There is a 4.9% fee on Visa deposits but Americas Cardroom will waive this on your initial deposit. Moneygram and Western Union deposits have a $100 minimum and they will cover the fee if you deposit $300 or more.
- BetOnline & Sportsbetting.ag Poker – The minimum Visa deposit at both of these poker rooms is $50 but if you use the EZ Voucher method you can deposit as little as $10. Western Union and Moneygram each have a $50 minimum, lower than anywhere else.
- Sportsbook Poker – This US poker site also has a $20 minimum on Visa deposits. The minimum for money transfer services is $100 but they will cover the fees on deposits that are $200 or more.
- Intertops Poker – If you hold a Click2Pay account you can deposit as little as $10 at Intertops Poker.
Which Poker Deposit Options Have The Lowest Minimum Requirements
Credit cards usually have a $10-$50 minimum deposit requirement. US poker rooms used to cover all of the fees associated with these transactions but due to rising costs some rooms charge players a fee. The EZ Voucher method at BetOnline is basically a voucher you buy online using a debit or credit card. You can deposit $10 using his method instead of the $50 minimum if you deposited directly using your Visa.
The money transfer services must have higher minimum limits because they cost $9+. It really wouldn’t make sense to deposit less than $50 if you have to pay such a large fee. Most of the US poker rooms listed above cover one or two of the fees per month. The lowest money transfer deposit is $50 at BetOnline.